whether you’re getting a leg wax, brow re-shape or our signature brazilly®, there are some important waxing tips to remember to make it all run a bit more smoothly (pun intended!)
pssst: once you’re done, check out our post-wax tips for aftercare info.
brazilian wax tips
- exfoliate your skin the day before your wax – trust us, it makes a big difference. exfoliating is super important because it removes all the dead skin cells to prevent clogging of the follicle (the cause of those pesky ingrown hairs!). it also makes it easier for the wax to pick up each and every little hair, resulting in a smoother finish. so scrub, scrub, scrub before you come in for best results! you can pick up some body scrub and/or a bikini brush from THE TEN SPOT® and get buffing.
- it’s super important to keep your skin hydrated by moisturizing regularly, BUT give the lotion a skip on the day of your appointment. oils on the skin and hair may prevent the wax from grabbing the hair properly.
- wear loose and comfortable clothing to your wax appointment if possible. you’ll want to let freshly waxed skin breathe, so maybe give the skinny jeans a miss.
- make sure you are not on any vitamin a medications such as; retin-a, renova, isotretinoin, differin, accutane or other acne medications. these medications weaken the skin and may cause it to tear.
what to do before a wax
whether it’s your first bikini wax or you’re a seasoned pro, we’ve got the brazilian wax tips to help you get the most out of your brazilly®, bumkini® or thongkini®. side-note: can you tell we had fun naming our services?!
- for any bikini waxing service, the hair should be approximately 1-2 cm long. this is the ideal length for the wax to stick and the hair to come out nice and easy, with minimal pain. so grow it out if it’s too short or grab the clippers and do a little trimming if it’s too long!
- if you’re coming in for an intimate wax, please make sure that you do not have any active stds.
- curious about cleanliness before your appointment? just ride your bike here or take a dance class?! not to worry – we’ve got individual wipettes for you to use to freshen up before your brazilian services. they’re specifically designed for lady bits and help you feel spick-and-span.
- PFB is the ultimate in ingrown hair removal but it’s recommended to apply 1 hour before waxing, as it loosens the hairs so that they come out easier. be sure to stock up for ongoing ingrown maintenance.
- rumour has it taking some advil/tylenol might help take the edge off.