let’s get ya in the know on all things laser at the 10spot®!
let’s getcha fully prepared, so your appointment runs as smoothly as possible (yep, that was a pun). here’s a checklist of things to do before your laser service:
- shave! we know this goes against pretty much everything we’re about, but in the case of laser, we’re making an exception! make sure to shave the area getting lasered prior to your appointment. we recommend the day or night before – whatever works for ya!
- come in about 15 minutes early to sign our in-store waiver! don’t worry – this (highly standardized) consent form is totally on the up and up. take your time reading the fine print + hit us up with your autograph when you’re done!
- say goodbye to excess uv exposure – we’re talking tanning, tanning beds, and tanning creams – four weeks prior to your appointment.
- numb yo’self! (if you want to). totally up to you + your pain threshold, but for more sensitive areas like the brazilly®, we highly recommend buying a tube of our numbing cream. either pop by about half an hour prior to your appointment and apply it in the bathroom, or do it at home! no pain + serious gain!
here’s a list of things to do and expect, post-laser appointment at THE TEN SPOT®:
- you may notice a bit of redness and/or irritation around your lasered areas. note: this is totally normal. redness can last up to a few days, but it’ll likely subside after a few short hours! think: mild sunburn.
- avoid sun exposure on all lasered areas! when in doubt, turn to spf 45 or higher throughout the course of your treatment.
- anywhere from 7-30 days after your appointment, you may notice what appears to be new hair growth coming from your treated areas. don’t panic! this is actually dead hair making its way out of your follicle, so keep calm, keep shaving, and carry on as usual.