we know, we know, policies are soooo corporate…but they are necessary!
so here is a run down of our policies here at THE TEN SPOT®. if you have any additional questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to get in touch!
if you are booking appointments for a group, we require the first and last names of each guest. we can then use the contact information and credit card of the booker to hold all the appointments.
we recommend that you arrive about 5-10 minutes early for your appointment to allow time to pick your polish, hang up your coat, or kick off your shoes. we also recommend that you allow plenty of time to find parking.
individual appointments: we require 24 hours’ notice for cancellations or rescheduling.
groups of 3 or more: we require 48 hours notice for cancellations or rescheduling.
private parties / events*: we require seven days notice for cancellations or rescheduling for the entire event and 48 hours notice for individual attendees.
failure to show or cancellation with less than the above mentioned time frames will result in 100% of the service price charged PLUS a gratuity of 18% will be added to accommodate the esthetician.
*cancellation of the event less than seven  days in advance will result in the 25% fee being charged to the credit card on file or 100% of the fee for individual appointments canceled with less than 48 hours notice.
*cue j. biebs* – sorry – we can’t offer laser hair removal to any guests under 16! come back when you’re old enough to drive, and we’d be happy to get ya booked in (with your parental guardian’s siggy, of course).
over 16 but under 18:
- all guests ages 16-18 *must* have parental consent when booking a laser service – no exceptions. we’ll also need your parental guardian on site to read + sign our very offish waiver. but don’t worry – the whole process takes about 10 minutes.
mani age of consent
we have the kiddie mani and the kiddie pedi services for those twelve and under (provided they can reach our pedicure sinks) but we do not perform waxing to minors – really, who waxes a kid? that’s considered torture in 49 states.
below are our further guidelines about kiddies and our services:
- the kiddie mani and the kiddie pedi are only provided if the underage guest can fit in our stations. no special accommodation are provided for this (ie: we don’t have booster seats stocked in our bars).
- all guests under the age of 12 must have a parent or guardian present at all times.
- the mani & the pedi, gel colour services, waxing or facial services are not permitted to any guest under the age of 12.
over 12 but under 16:
- the mani & the pedi, gel colour services, select waxing and facials may be permitted to guests over the age of 12 but under the age of 16 provided that we have written consent from a parent or guardian.
- permission will be recorded in the guest profile.
- the parent or guardian must be present for the initial service.
- we will not provide any THONGKINI, BUMKINI or BRAZILIAN WAXING FOR GUESTS UNDER 16. sorry kids, wait until you’re married.
main space (aka where we do the manis + pedis)
we’re not hatin’ on babies or little ones but let’s be honest – fits of crying, squealing and loud voices kill the vibe for those not linked by dna to your babe/tot.
most of our spaces aren’t big enough for car seats and strollers and swings and jungle gyms etc. plus we also have a ton of esthetics tools + products placed around the shop (think hot wax and sharp metal implements) and we can’t risk your lil’ one getting their tiny hands on those. unless your kiddie is old enough to sit still with their ipad or enjoy a service themselves (see our kiddie mani’s + pedis!) – grab yourself a sitter/grandparent and get in some much needed ‘you’ time!
we are super strict about this one – for your baby/toddlers safety, we don’t ever allow them to accompany you in your wax/laser/facial appointments. (sorry), even if they are sound asleep. our wax rooms are designed to fit a maximum of 2 persons (the guest + the esthetics expert), along with the bed and our waxing + laser products. there is a huuuuuge chance that a baby stroller or even a baby car seat will not fit in these rooms. we also don’t want to risk your lil’ one grabbing anything either (our hard wax is hot!!) or any accidents happening – god forbid that any of that hot wax gets dripped on that tender skin – like, we can’t even. so kiddies in the rooms is a no-go.
we also don’t allow animals (except for seeing eye dogs). it is against our sanitization policies, so doggies are best left outside! thank you for your understanding.
we are unable to process returns or exchanges for your online purchases in-store. please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get you sorted out, answer any questions you might have, or hear your awesome feedback!